When you think of period furniture, the imagery that comes to mind is likely to be stately, formal, majestic, grand, opulent—you get the drift. Now think of a quirky, bohemian aesthetic. Words like off-beat, idiosyncratic, and unconventional may come to mind. Finally, imagine combining period furniture with a bohemian aesthetic. If your flight of imagination stops in its tracks, you are not alone. Designing with antiques inevitably brings gravitas to a space, and introducing incongruent elements that irreverently jostle for attention is a path not many venture to negotiate.
Sonali Saini’s Mumbai home, in the suburb of Andheri, flaunts just such an aesthetic, aided and abetted by Teena Sanghvi of Lyraa Designs. “After the pandemic, we bought this three-bedroom apartment in a 25-year-old building, to be closer to my ageing parents. But there wasn’t much we could do to alter the layout,” she says.
- Ashley Furniture Discount | $100 Coupon + $1100 Off
- More Memorial Day Sales Going on Now: Ashley Furniture, Mattress Firm and More
- Ashley Furniture joins Gardner White in old Art Van Furniture headquarters in Warren
- ASHLEY PARTNERS WITH RONALD McDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES NEW YORK METRO TO SUPPORT FAMILIES WITH SICK CHILDREN
- Ashley Furniture, Wayfair and more