A family-owned furniture store has opened a new show room and corporate headquarters in Arlington.
Canales Furniture moved into an old Fry’s Electronics along I-20 this month after an extensive renovation of the 200,000-square-foot space.
“This store honestly feels like home. When you walk in you are greeted like a sister, a mother, a brother, a grandma,” the store‘s project manager Giovanna Villalpando said in a prepared statement. “We just want you to feel comfortable.”
Canales received help from Arlington to renovate the building. Last year, the City Council approved a $1.5 million grant — about half of the total renovation cost — for the store. The grant will be paid over the next three years.
In addition, Canales will receive $1,000 for every Arlington resident hired, with a limit of $100,000.
Arlington also bought part of the old Fry’s property for $3.4 million and will either sell it to the Canales family within the next five years or redevelop it.
The Canales family opened its first store in Arlington 19 years ago. The company has since grown into one of the largest furniture stores in the region with 17 locations.
- Ashley Furniture Discount | $100 Coupon + $1100 Off
- More Memorial Day Sales Going on Now: Ashley Furniture, Mattress Firm and More
- Ashley Furniture joins Gardner White in old Art Van Furniture headquarters in Warren
- ASHLEY PARTNERS WITH RONALD McDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES NEW YORK METRO TO SUPPORT FAMILIES WITH SICK CHILDREN
- Ashley Furniture, Wayfair and more